The People’s Plan (TPP) is a collective vision for a City that provides dignity, care and justice for all New Yorkers – and an engine that fights for that vision. The coalition uses grassroots advocacy as our primary strategy to build political power for low-income New Yorkers of color. Zara Nasir serves as our executive director.
TPP began in mid-2020 as a collaborative policy platforming project leading into the 2021 city-wide elections. In late 2021 and 2022, after the election of Mayor Eric Adams, who had ranked at the bottom of many of our mayoral scorecards, we shifted focus to advocacy against Mayor Eric Adams’ regressive policy agenda and austerity budgeting. Since Spring of 2022, we are focused on our anti-austerity People’s Budget campaign to fight against Mayor Adams’ gutting of the City’s social safety net and for #CareNotCuts.
Our steering members include:
- Alliance for Quality Education (AQE)
- DRUM – Desis Rising Up and Moving
- Jews For Racial & Economic Justice (JFREJ)
- Make the Road NY
- New Yorkers for Racially Just Public Schools (RJPS)
- New York Communities for Change (NYCC)
- NYC Democratic Socialists of America (NYC DSA)
- NY Working Families Organization (WFO)
- New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC)
- Professional Staff Congress (PSC)
To join The People’s Plan’s general membership (organizational), please submit your interest here.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
The People’s Plan is fiscally sponsored by Jews For Racial & Economic Justice (JFREJ).